Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Don't buy anything when you are jetlagged

Like I did. After the experience of not being able to communicate via the phone, I was quite anxious to solve that problem as soon as I woke up after the trip. The problem was that the only store selling cell phones close by was down at the boardwalk. Now, someone with a bit clearer head might think twice before buying anything for more than $20 at those kinds of places, but now my mind wasn't that clear. It was just set to solve the non-communication problem. With a blurred head and unsharp eyes I saw this little iPhone, and I really wanted an iPhone, and of course the sellers were quick in showing it and giving me a decent discount just like that. Maybe this should be read as a warning signal. Maybe they just seemed so nice and trustworthy (and actually good looking too;). Well, I fell for it, bought it and regret it. Why? Well, it has terrible sound effects. I can't find a way to turn off the sound effect when unlocking it, and yeah, let's face it - it's NOT an iPhone. My apple computer cannot detect it. It's not all bad though, even if the computer cannot detect it, the battery gets charged when connected. It comes with double sim-card slots too, so I can receive calls and sms to both my phone-numbers! Kind of cool. AND it has a TV haha. It does not come with cable though...

No comments: