Thursday, October 1, 2009

LA visit

For the next two months my address will be in Venice, CA. I am going to research applications of gossip models for virtual humans (or in my case game characters) at Institute for Creative Technology, USC.
The trip went well, apart from the german system break-down causing all flights to and from Germany to be late... At least I ran quick enough at Munich airport to catch the plane to LA, but since all luggage had to be identified by the passengers, we were rather late leaving Munich as well. Unfortunately I had no way of letting the woman I was about to meet at the apt know I was late since my cell-phone couldn't find a net, so she had already left when I was on my way. But due to a very nice taxi driver and later a hotel receptionist I could get in touch with her and finally get access to the apt.
Woke up with a terrible headache, cured with a swim in the pool, a double espresso, fresh orange juice and a bagel. Next up is to do some shopping and then see if I can find my way to ICT (by bike).

No comments: