Saturday, October 10, 2009

Venice - Santa Monice bike path



Today I took the bike from Venice to Santa Monica Pier, something I definitely can recommend. It is a beautiful ride just by the beach, but watch out for sand on the track, skaters and pedestrians - they tend to just pop up without taking notice of the bikers.

I continued to 3 st Promenade, one of the very few streets where no cars are allowed. There are some nice shops and restaurants there as well as a number of street musicians trying to get their music out.

The last destination before heading home was Abbot Kinney Blvd in Venice, where I initially had planned to stop for dinner, but I actually got there too early so I wasn't really hungry... Instead I had to suffer a home-cooked, boring omelette with bacon. Suit myself!

No comments: